Thursday, August 20, 2015

It's been how long since I've written....

I'm not even looking....

What have I been doing since obviously writing blog posts isn't one of them? I am very proud to say I have been enjoying life.

This summer I have enjoyed a camping trip to the UP (Upper Peninsula for you non-Michigan readers) with my family. We got to pet baby bears, see a waterfall, visit a shipwreck museum, and even got to try archery. I shared my crazy addiction to cool rocks and the kids walked on the shore of Lake Superior filling their pockets with their own.

Oh, I almost forgot--we got rained out of a camping trip on Lake Huron. We got to enjoy some very chilly weather and we got to appreciate the fact that both Sean and I are not willing to sleep under a leaky roof. (I knew there was a reason we fit together so well.)

We had an extended weekend with our Tribe. We are so lucky to have friends to enjoy life's ups and downs.

The highlight of this summer was finally, finally, finally meeting my first biological niece and enjoying her month long visit to the US. It is one thing to have my brother living in Japan and only visiting every other year, but I'm not sure I am going to be able to handle that arrangement for his wife and daughter, too.... (Sorry, bro, you've been ousted as top dog.) If any one has a job for a 2D animator who speaks conversational Japanese, has crazy mad computer skills, and is willing to do just about anything, just give me a call I've got the perfect guy for you.

Since I'm paying no mind to the timeline, I can't forget to include Burke week--a time to enjoy my east coast family. No fancy trip this year, but Toledo was full of family fun. There was a day on Lake Erie and several "less than epic" Uncle Paul nights. I love that my kids know my aunts and uncles and that they look forward to this part of our summer every year.

(Timeline-shmi-line)    We even got to enjoy two trips to Columbus to visit my dad's new house! Papa Joe is cool and all, but two trips to the American Girl Doll and Lego stores in less than a month... oh dear Lord were the guppies happy. Then there was more family--my Aunt Teri and my cousin Katie came in from Washington and Indiana and we got to have a mini-Zupsic reunion.

Now to enjoy a little down time at home appreciating the mountain of laundry that we have amassed and trying to establish some sort of organization in this house!!!

I would be remiss if I didn't remember to include that this is the first summer in 3 years that I have been given an all clear from cancer. I'm totally enjoying being able to write that.



No comments:

Post a Comment