Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My life in 2012 sounds like a country song

The new year began with my stepdad passing away. (I'm sure a good song writer would find a way to include the fact that it happened while my brother was reluctantly flying back to Tokyo). Then came the find a lump and be diagnosed with breast cancer verse. AND then Sunday night we almost added the verse where my dog ran away....

Not being much of a country listener, I am hoping that occasionally things work out for the singer.

For me, Bake, my step-dad, was an awesome influence in my life and I have found myself finding hints of him around me quite a lot lately. I often wonder if its because I miss him and want to think that in heaven he is thinking of me or if somehow those we love who have gone to heaven have the desire/means to send us those reminders as encouragement.

Thursday, I will have my final AC chemo treatment. This only marks the halfway point for chemo, but one series done is a damn good reason to be excited and celebrate. Plus, the doctor said that he can no longer feel the lump and I will need to go for another mammogram to ascertain the size of the tumor now. They placed a titanium chip in the tumor when they did the original biopsy in hopes that this would be the outcome in a worst case scenario--which it turned out to be. This means that they know exactly what tissue the tumor was in and exactly what needs to be removed. (oooooo also means that I will probably have more people to add to the gropers list in my next post....)

AND Henry, our dog, was saved by a kind family on the other side of the busy street by our house. The mom told me that he was almost hit twice, and she could tell that he was a family dog. She called the humane society and between them and the city animal control officers and Sean our furry guy was home before lunch time. He was wet and exhausted, I was relieved.

If all of that can have a silver lining, then sure a few of those poor (hot) cowboys and cowgirls have to have it all work out at some point, too.


2 comments:

  1. i don't know what it takes to qualify for the gropers list...but if there is anyway i can begin training now, and possibly be selected. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this cowgirl is going to have a happy ending....thinking of you and missing your pretty face...
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete